I’m all for quick, easy and healthy dinners. I work outside the home as well as being a Mama, blogger and wifey. So most nights I need something I can get on the table in under 30 minutes.
One of the reasons I bought the Thermomix was to do exactly this, and whilst it gets a good work out in the smoothie /nut butter/ bliss ball department I love being able to stack up the TM basket & Varoma to make a complete meal.
I’ve used frozen Hoki fillets – as we had some in the freezer. But you could use any white fish, or it would work perfectly with salmon too. I have found with steaming salmon fillets in the Varoma, you may need to slice them thinner to get them to cook in time.
- 150g Jasmine rice
- 2 Hoki fillets
- 1 bunch of aspragus
- 1 cm ginger, peeled
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Dash of oil
- Optional: Sesame seeds and sweet chilli sauce to serve.
- Place jasmine rice in TM basket and place enough water in the jug to ensure the rice is covered
- Place lid on TM jug
- Lightly oil the bottom tray of the Varoma and place fish fillets inside
- Use a micro plane or fine grater and grate ginger on top of each fillet
- Add chopped spring onion and soy sauce to the top of each fillet.
- Place asparagus into the top tray of the Varoma.
- Place Varoma with the lid on on top of the TM jug and cook on Varoma temp, speed 4 for 13 minutes.
- Add garnish of sesame seeds and/or sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve immediately
Have you made this dish? Don’t forget to tag Thermomama on Facebook or Instagram to show me your creations!