Nothing I love more than an hour or so in the kitchen on Sunday arvo, prepping for the week ahead. It’s been hard to find the motivation lately, with me being about 7 weeks away from popping a baby out. I pushed through the tiredness today and focussed on how satisfied I would feel once it was done.
My usual routine means I whip up a batch of something baked for Kindy lunch boxes (and of course my Monday morning work meetings), a batch of bliss balls (that ended up as bars today as I was even too tired to roll them all!) a dip and some kind of chopped salad (recipe for a very Christmassy salad coming soon)
These are fool proof – work every time, and tasty too.
- 200g Gluten free self raising flour (I use Orgran brand)
- 50g coconut oil
- 60g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g milk (your choice, I use rice milk)
- 90g sugar (can substitute for any sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium - large banana (I aim for around 80g)
- 25g chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 170c
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases, this recipe makes about 9 muffins.
- Add all the ingredients to the TM bowl.
- Mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds
- Add chocolate chips if you are using them, and mix on reverse speed 3 for 5 seconds.
- Pour into patty pans about half way up.
- Bake on 170c for about 18 minutes.