Everything is awesome when you add haloumi – am I right?
Softly salty and squeaky, who knew these were heavenly qualities that make the babies SAH TASTEE!
I love these hot, cold, with a salad, with baked sweet potato fries, in a gluten free burger bun (try it with cashew cream) …. I have also been know to eat them cold straight from the fridge late at night.
Here’s the lowdown;
- 320g Zucchini washed and roughly chopped
- 180g Haloumi (I like the salt reduced version)
- 60g flour (gluten free if you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon approx of mixed herbs (I used sage, basil and parsley - but whatever you have)
- Grind of pepper
- Add zucchini to TM bowl and chop on speed 5 for 2 seconds.
- Scrape into TM basket and squeeze out excess water (I use a heavy small bowl that fits just inside the basket to act like a press). Set aside.
- Roughly chop haloumi into cubes and add to TM bowl (no need to wash the zucchini bits out) chop on speed 5 for 3 seconds.
- Add eggs, flour, herbs, pepper and zucchini and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
- Shape into patties and lay on baking paper on a tray.
- Refrigerate for an hour to firm.
- Fry on a medium heat a few minutes each side until cooked through. (Don't touch them whilst they are forming on the first side cooking to ensure they don't fall apart)